Clearvac intends to launch the Vessel Biosafety Program (VPB), which provides quality tests on surfaces, water and air samples through accredited laboratories, issue customizes procedures, new products and natural systems to make the lives of seafarers and guests on board vessels safe and in compliance with the latest world health regulations.
Clearvac Italia, has developed a control system to assist Vessel’s crews to have a knowledge of the possible biohazard in their air conditioning and water systems with regard to Legionella, viruses, bacteria and mold. The procedure includes an on-board investigation where all possible risks of the various systems are highlighted and recorded. At the end of the investigation, Clearvac releases a detailed report with the initial lab results, best practices of self-control and possible solutions to reduce or manage the risk of contamination.
Actual demand in the industry requires stricter guidelines to assist the crew, guests, management companies and insurance companies to have greater control over air and water quality on board a vessel.
What we can do:
Clearvac, following the inspection, compiles a check list in which all air conditioning systems, fresh water systems will be detailed and develops a risk assessment, takes air and water samples and sends them to the laboratories, depending on the results of the analysis is also able to provide remediation work through our products, services and collaborations.
An exhaustive report will contain:
– Biological risk assessments of the plants.
– Initial laboratory tests
– Suggested remediation works
– New product/system suggestions to implement both air and water quality and reduce contamination risks.
- AHU cleaning and disinfection
- Cleaning of Aeraulic Plants (Intakes, Supply, Recirculation and Extraction systems)
- Environmental Sanitizations Shock Treatments (Cold Plasma O3, Hydro Ionization, Photocatalysis, Dry Fog)
- Installation of units of Continuous treatment of the ductworks (Hydro ionization, photocatalysis)
- Ambient disinfection by misting solutions with certified biocides
- Fresh water system remediation, with removal of Biofilm and subsequent use of biocides for sanitization (no hyperchlorination).
- Cleaning and sanitizing surfaces with manual methods or through specific machinery (Carpeting, Curtains, Mattresses, External cushions, worktops).
- Issue Certification Sanifications.
The above report and following cleaning, remediation and sanitization works will be supported by the final results of laboratory tests.